10 February 2013

Star in Helsinki, 24 January 2013

Star

IMO 9364722
Built 2007, Aker Finnyards Helsinki, Finland
Tonnage 36 250 GT
Length 186,00 m
Width 27,70 m
Draugth 6,50 m
Ice class 1A
1 900 passengers
520 berths
450 cars
1 981 lanemeters
4 MaK diesels, combined 48 000 kW
2 propellers
2 bow thrusters
1 stern thruster
Speed 27,7 knots

There might have been only one published photo of mine taken last year featuring the Star, but this year is going to be slightly different as we kick off with seven imaes featuring the ship. These photos were taken on the afternoon of 24 January 2012, the same day as the sunset photos featuring the Silja Europa I put up two weeks ago. The Star in fact arrived in port before the SE on that day, so these were taken before the SE images, not after as you might think from the order these have been published.

Click on the images to see them in larger size. Please let me know if the images do not display correctly; they have been uploaded into my Photobucket account instead of my Picasa account because I got fed up with Picasa not working properly with Blogger even though both are Google products.

Edit 2014-01-30: The images have been fixed. Apparently Google, being the complete assholes that they are, decided the perfectly legitimate links to Photobucket simply do not work in Blogger. If anyone has any tips on migrating material from Blogger to another blog platform, do let me know as I'm getting seriously sick and tired og Google.

I particularly like the way the way markers are approximaly the same colour as the Star's hull.
Star and sunset = Starset?
Hurts my eyes to look stright at the sun even in a photo.
Just look at those colours.
And then we got some reflections on the side of the ship...
Tallink, if you wish to buy images to use in your marketing, I'm open for negotiations.
Ice, sunset, ship.
Next time: Another trip to the archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment